The Bishops’ Mandate provides the guidance for all Catholic schools in Western Australia.
“Catholic Education in Western Australia acknowledges that parents are among the greatest signs of God’s presence in the lives of their children.” [Mandate quote]
- Your school is one of 163 Catholic schools in the state.
- There are approx 76,000 students educated in Catholic schools which accounts for 17.5% of the total student population in WA.
- There are 6,200 teaching staff, 4,800 other school staff and over 250 Catholic Education Office support staff.
- Catholic Education WA is different to any other state or territory in Australia in that the schools in the four Dioceses are united as one system which has as its strategic direction, LEAD - Learning, Engagement, Accountability and Discipleship. You can find out more about it here
- The Quality Catholic Schooling tool helps schools to track how they are going and continuously improve what they are doing. There are two strands that are particularly relevant to the parent community - “Engagement with the Community” and “Wider Community Partnerships”.
* Please note updated information will be made available shortly